Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Artistic Impulse,etc.

My class, Theology and the Artistic Impulse, has a blog. Its a fantastic course. I wish it was spread out over the whole term and not in an intensive format. We talk a lot about trinitarian theology and how it is revealed through the arts. Schoenberg thought he was all that and a sacher torte. The professor included a great lecture on how music reveals further understanding of the Trinity.

So last night was my birthday party. I think that I have a habit of over-inviting. I invited 35, thinking no more then ten would show. We had about 20. We descended on Cyclops, which is a bar about a block from the school (since I just got out of Hebrew class). It was good. I needed to feel loved. Danica and about 5 other Olympians came and fought rush hour traffic for my love. Tomika did my make-up. A good number of M.Div.s were there. Tim had a dream that he was going to dress up as David Gahan of Depeche Mode for my birthday...I'm disappointed he didn't. It was a good day.

31 doesn't feel terribly different than 30.

No comments: