Thursday, March 5, 2009

And just like that, U2 sings into my life yet again...

Of course I got "No Line on the Horizon" right as it was released.
From the song, "I'll Go Crazy if I Don't Go Crazy Tonight":
Is it true that perfect love drives out all fear?/
The right to appear ridiculous is something I hold dear


How I need that love, that acceptance, and to know that whatever risk I take, it's going to be alright, even if I look ridiculous. I see often Christians (myself included) not living out their lives because of fear of breaking some kind of moral code. Scripture is often reduced to some kind of moral do's and don'ts. Though morals are included, reducing Scripture to only a puzzle of morality stifles the life Scripture breathes and the very word of God.

Ok, so the last paragraph is loaded. It's a sign of my wrestling with Something greater. I'm afraid to even press further at this time because I know that I will have to eat my words because I don't act out on my intellectual belief....I don't "do"...I haven't risked enough yet. I fear even naming it, but I am afraid of something greater behind it.

All I know is that I can't move forward without dwelling in that perfect love that casts out all fear.

I have freedom, yet I don't act as if I am free.

No comments: